We are a Not for profit that provides a range of community based services, programmes and activities for residents of The Hills Shire and specific services for the wider North West Sydney area, including:
- One to One Support Group – HCA provide volunteers who will visit frail and isolated people living at home who need companionship.
- Northwest No Interest Loan Scheme ( NILS) provides low-income applicants with no interest loans for the purchase of essential items and also sports and recreation costs for school aged children.
- Community Foundation of North Western Sydney – an independent, not for profit, charity that assists people in crisis, or those who are socially isolated living in the North-Western region of Sydney.
- Parents Again - a support group for grandparents who have full time care and responsibility of their grandchildren.
- Volunteer Training – an introductory volunteer training workshop run monthly during the year providing information about volunteer work opportunities and placement.
- Learning in the Hills – creative and recreational classes for adults run Monday to Saturday during the school term. Phone 96397918 Monday to Wednesday between 9.30am and 2.15pm to enrol.
- The Hills Playgroup – playgroup is supported by Early Childhood workers. There is a Speech Pathologist and Occupational Therapist who offer inclusive support for children and their families. Playgroup staff are skilled in supporting children with additional needs. All children 0-6 years are welcome at playgroup. Held at Wrights Road Community Centre on Tuesdays during school term from 10.00am to 12.00pm.
- Tax Help – Australian Tax Office (ATO) trained volunteers assist people on low income with their tax returns.
- Emergency Relief- Financial assistance is available on a referral from Centrelink to eligible residents of the Hills LGA who are facing a crisis.